Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

And a great big welcome to the creepiness of the beginning to the end of the Mayan calendar.

I try to not follow those kind of news items. Why bother? More than likely, nothing will happen. But if it does, what the hell am I gonna do about it? As if it's suppose to scare me? Seriously. I can't figure out their calendar. Nor do I want to. Daylight savings time is confusing enough.

So, 2011 in over and done with. For the most part. Come April, we will be looking back at 2011 for deductions and anything else to help reduce our taxes when our returns come due on April 15th.

If there are any resolutions that I would like to work with this year, it would be organization. We still haven't filed out 2010 tax returns. That drives me nuts. For all of my adult life, I have had my returns prepared and mailed out long before the April 15th deadline. Thankfully, we are due a refund. But that doesn't make me feel that much better about being so late.

I'd like to resolve this year to just not give a shit. That doesn't mean I'm not going to help someone who has dropped groceries or hold a door open for another. I think it means that I'm going to work on moving slower. To the beat of my own drummer, not someone else's. If I'm ready to head out the door when the others aren't and it causing some or all of us to be late, well to hell with it. I'm not going to worry about being late. I'm not going to worry if one forgets something for school or karate. And I'm not going to stress down the highway pushing the speedlimit in order to make it there on time. If we're late. Too bad.

I'd like to resolve to be more creative. To think creatively and to actual create and put those ideas to work.

I'd like to resolve to mow the lawn if i'm tired of looking at a yard that needs attention.

I'd like to resolve to find friends. Whether it be virtual friends through blogs, forums etc., or friends in real life. I need to step out of my shell and get out more. I'd really like to find some special friend in real life. That partner in crime type person who is willing to step out of her or his shell and help me with some ideas. Yeah, I think I need a gay male friend. They are usually good for those things.

I'm sure I could sit here and find a million things I need to resolve. But some take priority.

Right now, I'd like to thank those of you who follow my posts and post responses to them. Heck, I'd like to thank anyone who drops in on this and reads something.

Thank you to those who have offered me advice. Thank you to those who laughed because they found my post funny. Life is so full of sadness. I much prefer to find humor in as many things as I can... even in death and cancer. I won't let either of those take away my humor and my smartass sarcastic self.


May you all have a peaceful and blessed new year. And if not, then may you find so much humor and laughter in it that you pee in your damn pants!

3 comments:

  1. And Happy New Year to you too PB! I've found the virtual world to be a wonderful place to find new friends, especially the "partner-in-crime" type. And these new friendships came at a time when I was beginning to wonder whether I had reached a point in my life where it would be impossible to make new friends. How wrong could I have been??? Also I'm with you on the organization resolution. My house is starting to resemble an episode of "Hoarders"...well my closets at least! Looking forward to another year of blogging alongside you. Peace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoy your smartass, sarcastic self and hope to read many rants from you in the coming year. Keep laughing, keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was a really long post for you! I liked it. Sorry I've been out of touch for the last couple of weeks. I had to go from home to South Carolina because my mom is in the hospital. I dont make resolutions, ever. I start every year saying I want to be happy year in and year out.

    ReplyDelete