Monday, December 19, 2011

You say Rambo, I say Rambeaux

The next time I have to take kids shopping for Christmas gifts for their father, I'm taking a cab so I can get liquored up. I'm so not doing that sober again. Not ever.

My plans for that beautiful Irish lace scarf have been pushed to the back burner. I got started on another scarf with the help of my mother-in-law. I had intended to make it and send it to my mother for Christmas but have also not only pushed that to the back burner too, I've decided to just keep it for myself when I'm done. This year she got a Christmas card from me. Here is what I've done so far with the scarf.


I went through the yarn section the other day while I was at Walmart and got distracted and sidetracked by camouflage yarn. It's the reason the scarf is now on the back burner.

Yep, I'm working on yet another project and have left more unfinished. Here is my progress on a camouflage knit (crochet) hat.


I don't know why, but I've been on a camo kick lately. Maybe subconsciously I'm wanting to go in hiding. Maybe I'm about to morph into Rambo. I'm sure there's some psychological explanation for it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying at the opening paragraph. Liquored up. So, yesterday, my sister got tickets for the Christmas show at Radio City. One for my almost 5 year old niece and three others. This baby is the light of my life. She was adopted as an infant. The point. We hopped a train at 11am. My sister, my mom, my VERY adorable niece who is personality plus and a bundle of energy and me. Prior to the 5pm show and the pre-photo op with a real Rockette, we were in Times Square at Toys R Us (note to self: NOT the place to be five days before Christmas even if there is a four story ferris wheel in your face as soon as you get inside and yes, we did all hop on for a ride), American Girl, St Patricks where 5 yr old insisted upon lighting a candle, of course, The Tree....... As soon as we got into Radio City, my sister got on the "photo op" line. I spied a bar, realized, "ALCOHOL!" and yes, I ran like the wind-you are Rambo and I'm hearing that music from Chariots of Fire..

    You are very funny..... Thanks for making me laugh out loud!!!

    AnneMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one should go out Christmas shopping at any time without being lit. People are just plain stupid, stupid drivers, stupid shoppers, kids screaming, never enough friggin cashiers working. Makes me want to go psychotic in the middle of the store.

    I love the fact that you actually got started on the scarves. You're a better woman than I am. I didn't get that gene. My mom and sisters can knit and crochet and sew and paint. I however, am very good at cleaning and organizing not so much on the other stuff.

    ReplyDelete