Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

8:05 a.m.

Finally had a good nights sleep. I've been battling some kind of seasonal viral funk since last Wednesday night. Congestion, coughing, nose blowing crap.

Unfortunately, I was awake at about 4:45 this morning. After about a half hour awake in bed, I decided to fill the tub with hot water, grab my bowl of cereal and cup of coffee and have breakfast in the tub.

What else have I done so far now that it's three hours later?

I've changed clothes, pulled our clothes from the dryer and moved a kids laundry over from the washer to the dryer. Dumped our clothes on the bed (which I actually made for a change) and folded about half of the load. It's nice to have lots of underwear now that I've cleared off some of the dresser. It had become a pile-up of numerous things. Camera, binoculars, hats, scarves, dust, and lots of clean underwear that somehow got buried under it all.

Kids and hubby are off to school and work.

I fed the goose a slice of bread and after watching that special someone toss two plastic cups and a beer bottle from his vehicle into the yard, I decided I'd do some clean up in the rain. No wonder the kids just leave all their trash in the yard instead of throwing it away in a trash can. Darn good thing none of them are serial killers. Yet.

Today I will be spending about 4 hours doing volunteer work. Also known as standing around creeping out the patients.

I have also finally figured out what a good idea it would be to bookmark my own blog, making it easier for me to find. Go figure.

8:14 a.m.

Trimmed cat #1 again while she was drinking from the bathtub. Clipped a few pieces off of #2 just to piss him off for being nosey and antagonizing #1.

8:30 p.m.

Twelve hours and 16 minutes later, I feel like this morning was two days ago.

I spent my scheduled volunteer time doing a few things that were more than just standing around. Although I worked more taking the stairs from the 7th floor of the parking garage.

Now, what else did I do today? Oh yeah, after my shift, I went to the nearest Harbor Freight. I bought a small desktop magnifier and one with a light to wear on my head. Then I headed off for one of my favorite "thrift" shops. It just happened to be on the long way home. Of course I bought a bunch of crap.

Came home and found hubby on the phone with me.

Ate dinner.

Ate dessert.

Didn't get a damn thing done around the house again. Unless you count the small load of laundry from this morning, which is still scattered across the bed.

Oh, and I almost forgot... I lusted after a purple handbag.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the notebook and writing down what you did each day. I am an epic mess. Today, I finally put away laundry from at least two weeks ago. I changed sheets on my bed and realized it's a damn good thing I have three sets of sheets for my bed or I would be totally screwed. Still had the sheets from LAST week in my laundry basket...

    As for purses..... I'm a purse whore, too. Have a few great Cole Haan bags. I lust for Bottega Veneta bags. Too damn expensive. TOO stupid expensive but I'll confess I have a few.... end of season, on sale, as gifts.

    Laughing here as I was reading and had to pop in and say hey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should've bought the handbag

    ReplyDelete