Friday, December 16, 2011

Silence

As I sit here struggling to find a title to this, I look around and notice the dust everywhere. The ammonia like odor permeating from the litter box nearby seems to strip my nasal passages. And I notice the erie silence in the house. Two cats sit as still as statues, watching me like prison guards.

Damn that litter box STINKS!

How is it that cat piss can smell like they've been bathing in ammonia all day?

Kids are asleep. The bickering between two girls has ceased for the day. I'm sure the drama will be continued in the morning.

I seem to have lost count of the days into my crochet project. It's taken a bit of a detour. After a couple of attempts, I went over to my mother-in-law today for a brief lesson in crocheting.

Christmas cards still haven't been sent out. After nearly two years of sending birthday gifts, mother's day gifts and Christmas gifts to my mother without any acknowledgement from her, I've decided to just give the gift of paper and a stamp. Assuming that I actually get around to signing, addressing and mailing out those cards.

1 comment:

  1. Just had my 2 cats declawed and the vet gave me 2 bags of Yesterday's News litter for them to use while they heal. Surprisingly, I think it works better than regular litter for keeping the stanky piss smell away. It's harder to scoop but it sure doesn't smell as bad. Of course this means I can be an extra lazy ass and miss scooping for a couple days.

    ReplyDelete