Saturday, October 22, 2011

"It's all about the body, not the brain."

October has been known as Breast Cancer Awareness month. Lately, it's been looking more and more like Breast Awareness month. There have been slogans that sound like they were coined by a bunch of "dudes" at a frat party, Save the Tatas, Save Second Base, Rack Runners, Dr. X's Hot Pink Hotties, Rockers for Knockers, I Heart Boobies, etc.

Here is a bottle of Fat Bastard that I came across in the store yesterday.


That's right, two wine glasses placed together and formed to look like breasts.

I think the following video provides a good example of how October has become Breast Awareness month.



http://vimeo.com/28066212

P.S. I seem to have trouble linking it. If the link does not show up, please copy and paste in your browser.

3 comments:

  1. First of all, that picture of the wine logo is just so disgusting. Sexualization of breast cancer yet again, and to promote alcohol. I call pink washer of the most heinous variety!!!!

    The film trailer is fascinating. I absolutely agree with you, that the general depiction of women's roles by the media, is the reason that anything goes in the Boobie Cancer movement. Another must-see film for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just wish you could punch someone in the face when you see this crap. Well ok, maybe you don't, I do though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found you through twitter and really appreciate your honesty. I was telling a fellow blogger a few days ago how relieving it is to find women who feel the same way about Pinktober as I do. Having not experience cancer in my own breasts, only caring for someone (my mom) who had breast cancer, I always felt like I was being disrespectful by not supporting the pink frenzy.

    Thanks for saying it out loud!!!

    Tory

    ReplyDelete