Saturday, February 25, 2012

Walmart - What a Pain in the Ass

Has anyone heard Walmart use the phrase "falling prices" lately?  Me either.

In fact, the local Walmart stores seem to be more full of shit than falling prices.  Nearly every visit has resulted in being overcharged on an item.

Last week, they had a display of Coke in their main aisle with a sign advertising it for $6.48.  Around the corner closer to the soda aisle, the same Coke was displayed as $5.98.  I checked the bar codes.

I could go on and on and on and on about their inconsistency in pricing.  It's gotten to the point that I've begun taking pictures of some of the things in my cart and the shelf price before I get to the register.  I know it's anal, but I know something wont ring up correctly.  It happened with the citronella candles, the bottle of car wash detergent, the package of ginger ale, the box of Valentine candy.

Two days ago, I purchased two packages of girls underwear.  Both the same size.  They rang up for $8.47 each.  Today I went in to return the unopened packages and purchase different ones.  I ended up buying one package in the same size as the first trip and one package of a different size.  All in all, they were the same brand, same style, etc.  Today, those packages were each $8.97.  A 50 cent increase within two days.  Okay, maybe I got them in the middle of a price change.  Prices change, I know.

Maybe, I should just give up shopping at Walmart for Lent.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I shop at Walmart I end up mad: at the dirty store, at the inconsiderate customers stretched all across the aisle making it impossible to pass, at the rude employees, at the shoddy products. I'd rather pay a few bucks more and avoid causing myself to stroke out in frustration.

    ReplyDelete