Friday, February 17, 2012

Week's Past

The last two three weeks have been, well, hard to put down into words.

First, there was the Komen/Planned Parenthood fiasco.

Then, the deaths of fellow cancer bloggers.

A surprise overnight anniversary trip planned by my husband. (I don't deal well with surprise trips)

And the death of Whitney Houston.

The death of Rachel, aka, The Cancer Culture Chronicles, left me a bit numb. I never knew Rachel personally. But she left an impression.

It was Rachel who, after I emailed her about her blog, invited me into the social networking for breast cancer on Twitter.

For some, that may not be a big deal. For me, it was big. I was the kid in school who pretty much got left out of things. I was the wallflower, the last to be selected for dodge ball because I wasn't part of the "in" crowd.

Many of the women blogging about breast cancer are very knowledgable. They spend time researching and educating themselves on the issues.

I just fart around. I'm a "Dear Diary" blogger. I come here for a place to express myself, to bitch about everyday events, kids, husband, moronic drivers, assholes.

Many times, I find I have a difficult time expressing myself. This time is no different. To put it simply, I will miss Rachel.

2 comments:

  1. I miss Rachel too although I never met her. She was very empowering for those of us BC bloggers who just fart around. I'd say you express yourself just fine, my dear, and your "Dear Diary" blogs are important . Somebody besides me needs to bitch about everyday events, et al!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been out of the social media loop for three entire days.... You keep writing, I'll keep reading... I like decomposing oranges..... And, I like to see a strong extended middle finger....

    ReplyDelete