Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lost: My Mind

Chemo brain. Old age. Stress.

Mental cancer.

Where has my mind gone?

I would have liked to be writing something funny about this. But today, my husband pointed out this story to me


http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/07/20/former-bond-bombshell-dies-after-drinking-drain-cleaner/#ixzz1SgTyFbxq

"killing herself while the balance of her mind was disturbed."

Regardless of her other issues, it can be difficult (to put it mildly) to put away the fears of cancer once having been diagnosed with it.

For me, the fear of cancer will always be in the back of my mind. Sometimes creeping up on me when I least expect it.

I know I'm not guaranteed tomorrow or the next minute. I could be killed in my own home from falling down the stairs. However, for some reason, I never obsess over that one. I never find myself in the shower worrying that I will slip and fall and hit my head on the porcelain tub.

I do occasionally worry about terrorists blowing up a bridge as I drive across it.

But most of the time, cancer is the terrorist.

No comments:

Post a Comment