Sunday, October 4, 2015

Piss and Vinegar

I may have found some piss and vinegar today.

"The father of the Roseburg, Oregon, shooter said he doesn't know where his son got his weapons, and he declined to comment much on his son's mental state, but he was quick to say what he thought was to blame in the deadly college attack: Guns."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/04/us/oregon-shooting-father-gun-control/index.html

Let's look at this from a different scenario.  Suppose this dude plugged in a hairdryer and tossed it into the bathtub his mother was in.  but he was quick to say what he thought was to blame in the deadly attack:  hairdryers.

So, let's not blame the son or his mental state.  Let's blame the hairdryer.

I'm pushing 50.  I grew up with and live in an environment where it's the norm to own guns.  For hunting, protection, sport, collecting, etc.  Not once, in my 50 years have I known anyone killed by a gun.  Though I have known people killed by drunk drivers.

I have credit card debt.  Should I blame the credit cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment