Sunday, September 18, 2011

Saving the hooters, the tatas...

Breast cancer is so sexist.

I may have written about this one already but, it came to mind again after seeing the "save the hooters" add that came in my mailbox with the coupon section.

I was in the hospital a couple of months ago to visit a friend who just went through reconstructive surgery. Mr. Plastic Surgeon came in while on his hospital rounds. Accompanying him was his "assistant". Whoa!!!!

Bleach blond, tanned, with a glove fitted black dress ornate with a ton of golden stuff around the neckline, low plunging neckline, I might add. There was enough cleavage for, well, I don't know what. But, you couldn't miss it. Her new breasts sat so high on her chest that should could very well have milked herself.

It was definitely, an in your face moment. "Look at the great work we do". "See, you too can have great big beautiful breasts".

In general, I usually don't get offended. I just get irked. Ticked off. Annoyed. Pissed. Really, I don't care if someone has naturally nice breasts. Or even if they are not natural. What I do care about is the "in your face" from the plastic surgeons... trying to capitalize on women's insecurities.

Let's turn this picture around. Would it be appropriate for a surgeon to parade his male assistant around in tight pants with a "happy to see you" bulge in the crotch? Maybe sporting him about in a Speedo?

I can hardly wait for the Facebookers to start up their nonsense of posting bra sizes or colors for breast cancer awareness month. It's not going to be pretty when I respond. After all, cancer isn't pretty.

It would be nice if breast cancer could be eradicated. It would be even nicer if all cancers were eradicated.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO!!!! Yeah I had the same thought when I was at my plastic surgeon's office. What a load of crap! The facebookers already did their little bit for tit cancer it was "I'm, insert number here, and craving, insert food here" Yeah like that is going to cure cancer. Also like the guys give a rat's ass about that anyway

    ReplyDelete